Re: BMC Week, Dailey Drivers

To: "Harlan Jillson" <hjillson@argohouston.com>
Subject: Re: BMC Week, Dailey Drivers
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 20:20:01 -0800 (PST)
At 06:19 PM 1/29/99 CST, you wrote:
>   Personally, I just have the two mg's, the '72 roadster that is my dailey
at the moment, and the '72 GT that is in the process of referbishment.
>    Just curious, anyone want to comment?
>

>From 1974 till my family outgrew 2 seaters (even if we left Mom at home) in
1985 B's were my only mode of transport.  When we met SWMBO had a brand new
Honda CVCC which she bought because someone told her new Mini's still had
side curtains.  I soon got her out of the H^!*a and into my RBB and bought
myself a `67 GT.  For 5 years they were our daily drivers and our transport
for 1000 mile road trips.

Unfortumately those days are behind me.  Our only B is in parts all over the
property and the TC is snugged away waiting for me to get the urge for
another winter run.

Current daily drivers are a `92 F-150 4x4 and an `86 Jetta GL  The VW is
getting dangerously close to being replaced.  The notion of selling a 12
year old LGC and replacing it with a 30 year old LBC is growing.  Anyone see
anything wrong with my thinking here?

Cheers,eh!