Re: Matchbox MGF

To: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Subject: Re: Matchbox MGF
From: xyzabcde@earthlink.net
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 21:35:33 +0000
Michael S. Lishego asked:

> Can anyone tell me if this is the first MG car that either Hotwheels
> or Matchbox has produced in the United States?  I'm pretty sure I
> remember seeing a MG made by Matchbox that sold in the UK, but I
> wasn't sure about the US.  How neat would it be if it was the first
> MG car made by either company for sale stateside?

I don't know what other MG models were made by Matchbox, but I have three of the
MG 1100 models.  They're supposed to come in three different colors, but I've
only been able to find green.  There's a little plastic doggy in the back seat
with his head out the window, soooo cute.

Oddly, I've never collected B paraphernalia even though my '67 B is my first and
favorite MG, but I've bought all of the 1100 toys and ads I've ever seen.

Denise Thorpe
2 '63 MG 1100's
2 '67 MGB's