Re: Rear axle help, please

To: bkrueger@ici.net
Subject: Re: Rear axle help, please
From: Jethogger@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 10:08:55 EST
Hello Bud.  I purchased my big tools at a local china made store.  I know
these tools are of poor quailty,  But I only use them a few times a year.  I
use the big socket to drive in bearing races and seals. More than to remove
nuts.  Shade tree way of removing hub.  Get a crow bar.  Get a grip behind the
hub.  Apply pressure and tap on the axle stud.  Do not wreck the threads.  I
just purchase a 2 1/16 open end , box wrench for $14,  Made in china.  Soon as
I got it home.  Got the grinder out and made it a custom fit for my uses.
john