Re: Rear axle help, please

To: waltcpa@sierra.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear axle help, please
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 14:34:13 EST
Let me toss in MY $.02 here.
I have made my living fixing cars and as such have bought approx. 1 zillion
dollars in tools.  <G>
Snap on a few years back did an advertisement that said "There is a
difference"
They are correct in that.
Quality tools work better, and don't break as often.  Plus as a pro, having a
replacement brought to me is worth a lot.  Otherwise I would have to take time
off from work and drive to the store to do the warranty exchange.  This may
not seem like much to someone working at home, but if is costing you 20 bucks
an hour that adds up fast!
Now, do I recommend that everybody on this list go out and make their local
Snap on dealer rich? - No that is not what I am saying.  (Flames off, please).
What I am saying is that better tools work better.  If you move from HF or
other local China brand to Craftsman you will probably see less rounded off
fasteners, and problems.  If you have more bucks than you need, go buy some SO
or MATCO or MAC you might like them.  I know techs that buy tools for the
beauty value (kinky, yes but hey, it's their money)
One last item on tools, if you work on brake lines, clutch lines, or are
trying to remove the mechanical water temp sensor on a B get some 6 point
flare nut wrenches don't use open end wrenches they will destroy the fitting.
Rick