Re: MG restores belief in God...

To: Dave McCauley <cozypow@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: MG restores belief in God...
From: Larry Dickstein <bugide@tfs.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 08:13:18 -0600

Dave McCauley wrote:

> I feel very lucky that the wheel never departed while at speed!  I can
> tell you this, my first order of business after replacing this hub will
> be to check the other side!!!  No one is this lucky for this long!
>
> Can I get an amen from ya?

    Amen on ya, Dave!  I'd suggest you spend a little time going over that
car looking for stuff that one usually doesn't have to look for.  Grammar
aside, there are many other little safety things that might have also be
needed.  Things like the bendover tabs? (help me, Barney) that secure the
brake calipers, cotter pins on other steering components, nyloc nuts, lock
washers, etc.  It could have been a simple mistake on someone's part or it
could have been the entire maintenance program philosophy.
    I can't remember the nut size right off but I've never seen one frozen
on a car that was used regularly.  If there is enough grease to keep the
bearings alive, it shouldn't be difficult to remove.

--
Larry Dickstein
Lone Jack, MO