Re: Seat questions

To: <BBubeck@aol.com>, <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>, <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Seat questions
From: "Paul Tegler " <wizardz@amdyne.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 11:30:40 -0500
BUY 'EM! I LOVE MINE!
Really, they are great on trips.
Mount the passenger seat first as practice for getting
the drivers seat perfect.
I put them in my 73 GT. The seat back foam
has a slight depression in the middle.
The lumbar supports are maybe a 1/2" wider than the
foam center section. I used a razor blade to cut into the
edges of the foam to bury the corners of the support to
help keep it in place. I also used Elmers Spray on
adhere. (any would do)
Just by undoing the bottom clips, on the seat back you
can slip them up from underneath and put them in place.
Sit in the seat using your back to press everything down
into place. Let the glue dry before you inflate them the first time.
If the seat vinyl is warm it will stretch a little making the job easier.
It will shrink back, just take your time.