Re: MGA rear brake shoes

To: Eric Stephen <bk996@freenet.carleton.ca>
Subject: Re: MGA rear brake shoes
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 12:48:23
At 06:31 AM 2/11/99 -0500, Eric Stephen wrote:
>I received my replacement rear brake shoes for my A and hope to install
soon.  All the shoes look identical.  Is there a front / rear configuration
for these shoes, or do I just pick a pair at random and install on the left
side and use the remaining two on the right?

If all the linings are the same length, the shoes are identical and
interchangeable.  If a couple of the shoes have linings a little shorter,
the ones with the shorter linings are used as the trailing shoes (on the
bottom), as they don't do so much work when moving forward.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude