Re: Dim Turn Signal

To: "Allen Shaffer" <shaffer.2@osu.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dim Turn Signal
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 19:09:59 -0000
To get a turn signal that flashes but is really dim is unusual, and
indicates that a PO has fitted a generic flasher unit - probably as a cheap
and nasty frig to hide non-flashing on one side.  I don't like this trick
for the very reason you discovered - you are happily using your turn signals
but they aren't telling other road users what they need to know, but you are
in blissful ignorance because the tell-tales on the dash are flashing
merrily.  I'm just glad you didn't have a coming together - it would have
been your fault.

You have one or more poor connections on the dim lamp, and quite possibly
the others.  It could be grounds or bullet connectors.  On my 75 (also RB) I
had problems with the ground bullet connector on the back of one of the
front lamp holders.  Old bulbs can also cause non-flashing (with the pukka
flasher unit) as they go high-resistance.

PaulH.