Re: ZS 175 Carburetor

To: "Carl Elliott" <grunt2@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: ZS 175 Carburetor
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 17:25:44 -0400
>Probly a hole in the diaphram or the oil is leaking around the needle. Carl
>E.

I had a hole in a Z-S diaphragm once.  Summer of '84.  Frankfort KY.  Only
time I've ever had to tow an MG.  Engine started and ran great 'til I let
out the clutch - NO throttle.  Foot flat on the floor in first gear -
couldn't get over 10 mph.  Believe me, when one of those diaphragms
perforates, you <<know>> something is terribly wrong.  Moral: if you drive
a Z-S MGB, never leave home without a spare diaphragm!

Allen

Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs
New Castle, VA 24127