MGB roll up windows

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB roll up windows
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 11:53:13 -0400
>Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 07:17:05 -0600
>From: "DWADE REINSCH" <dreinsch@tenet.edu>
>To: mgs@autox.team.net
>Subject: MGB roll up windows
>Sender: owner-mgs@autox.team.net
>
>Happy Valetine's Day!
>
>The roll up window mechinisme in my 77 B are very hard to turn.  So hard
>in fact that I've broken the plastic handles twice.  Does anyone have a
>suggestion about how to take apart, repair or just clean the insides of
>the door?  Also, is there any aftermarket window handles or do I need to
>buy some from the traditional MG supply houses?
>
>tia
>
>dwade

I bought two pair of the nice-looking chrome plated after-market handles,
and soon thereafter the LH  plastic knob broke off the nice metal arm on my
'76 daily-driver.  Went to Advance Auto and bought a "Help" kit Chrysler
replacement knob - which looks sort-of appropriate, screwed it on with
loktite, then ground off the protruding part of the bolt and the nut on the
back until it wouldn't scarf up the door panel.  I'm not sure the problem
is dirt,crud, rust, in the mechanism - ' looks to me like the
counterbalance springs are just to heavy for the job.  My windows roll UP
easily - the struggle is in rolling them down.

Allen

Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs
New Castle, VA 24127