Re: 3-synchro OD tranny prob

To: xyzabcde@earthlink.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 3-synchro OD tranny prob
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 05:40:23 EST
In a message dated 2/15/99 11:23:46 PM Central Standard Time,
xyzabcde@earthlink.net writes:

<< For all these miles, I've had trouble putting the car into
 first.  With the car at a dead stop, occasionally, the gear shift lever
 absolutely will not go into first.  There's no grinding, no bearing noises,
no
 noises at all, it just won't go beyond neutral as if it's hitting a wall.  I
can
 sit there, putting it into second and then trying to put it into first, over
and
 over and over and then suddenly it will go into gear.  Sometimes I get
 aggravated and force it. >>

Sometimes the gears just happen to line up tooth to tooth. When that happens,
I put it into neutral and let the clutch out, then try again. Its sort of like
playing the lotto each time you need 1st, only the odds are much better.

R. Johnson - Dallas