Re: MGB weak spark or the little engine that could...not start!

To: Edwin Vaughan <vaughme@mail.auburn.edu>
Subject: Re: MGB weak spark or the little engine that could...not start!
From: grhacker@wfl.fha.dot.gov (Gary R Hacker)
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 14:00:00 -0800
Edwin,

Thirty years ago I had an MGA that would mysteriously die for no apparent
reason at all.  I would either leave the car or wait for 30-60 minutes and it
would start and run for days or even weeks without the problem reoccurring.
Thankfully, one day as I was driving along, the temp gauge went ballistic and I
pulled over and popped the hood.  One of the heater hoses had burst.  I later
deduced that the only time the car died was when the heater was on and the
heater hose had a small leak directly over the distributor.  My habit has
always been to shut everything off in a car when it dies before I try to
restart, consequently shutting off the heater stopped the leak until the next
time I used the heater, resulting in a reoccurrence of the problem.  Hope this
might be of help.

Bob Hacker
1975 MGB ("Red")