Re: wires and tires

Subject: Re: wires and tires
From: jmc <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 99 08:45:00 -0800
On Fri, 19 Feb 1999 19:08:49 -0500, Culgan <serenade@delanet.com> wrote:

<SNIP> 1967 MGB-GT ...<SNIP> with four almost new Michelin XZX mounted on
almost new Dunlop 60 spoke wire wheels. Tires and wheels have approx.
1000 miles... <SNIP> $500 OBO

The tires and wires alone are worth about $1K new. If it were closer, I'd
buy it.

BTW, I'm in the market for new tires. I notice that British Wire Wheel is
offering Avons and MIchelins in my prefered size (185-70/14). I have
Michelins on my wife's Volvo and they seem okay. Is there a better tire?
I drive my car every day, rain or shine and I'd like something with
decent wet handling (It doesn't rain often here in San Francisco, but
when it does, it rains a lot.) And a minimum of road noise. (My wife's
tires seem to make a lot of noise over certain surfaces. I'd rather the
tires not interfer with my "enjoyment" of the other noises the B makes.)

Lastly, British Wire is also no longer open on Saturdays. I can't layup
my car to dismount and ship my wheels/tires to them. And I'd rather not
take a day off from work for the 6-hour round trip to Santa Cruz. I've
heard horror stories about using just any tire shop. Any suggestions, if
I were to go that route? Thanks in advance.

Joseph
67 B Roadster