Re: Bon-Ami the Oil Burning Beast

To: eric@erickson.on.net
Subject: Re: Bon-Ami the Oil Burning Beast
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 11:45:54 EST
In a message dated 2/20/99 5:36:32 AM !!!First Boot!!!, eric@erickson.on.net
writes:

> While tracking down some answers for my James-Bond-like smokescreen that
>  is now emitting from my poor little overdriven/overfixed yellow beasty,
>  I hunted through the list archives (marvellous past-time, but it could
>  end up dominating your life if you are not careful).
>
>  I actually believe that I am looking at a crankcase ventilation
>  problem... I will get back to the list when I experiment with this...

I put a new vented oil filler cap on my B and my oil consumption dropped
dramatically. (It's a '71 that's been modified to require a vented cap.) I
think there's really something to this crankcase ventilation and oil
consumption.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336