Re: Oil pressure Q's

To: Joanna Adler <joannaadler@yahoo.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil pressure Q's
From: Neil Cotty <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 12:26:46 -0800
Joanna,

> So, the pressure drops to about 25 when at stop lights or in really slow
> commuter traffic.  It only drops to about 50-65 once I've been on the

> know his stuff.  Am I just being overly paranoid?

Yes Paranoid <G> But seriously, 25 at idle is NORMAL (take a look in a
Bentleys Workshop Manual), 50-65 is what you should be getting when
cruising. 75 is excellent and I for one, only ever saw this in cool
temps when the motor was in very good nick (<10 yrs ago). The presure
would drop to around 55-65 after it warmed up. As someone else
mentioned, if you are dropping below 40-45, when cruising, then MAYBE it
something to worry about - but your motor sounds normal to me.

Cheers,
Neil