RE: MGB Overdrive??

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGB Overdrive??
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 22:46:52 -0400
It's been said before on this list, but it's worth repeating: the primary
advantage of overdrive is that it reduces wear and tear on the driver!  My
'73 without O/D gets better gas mpg than my '76 with O/D.  Yeah, I know,
the '73 is lighter...  But, if I run my Bs on the interstate at much over
3500 rpm (63 mph) for any length of time, I feel like I'm beating the car
up (even though I know better), 18-wheelers are blowing my doors off, and
I'm certainly beating myself up (never mind those threads about sound
systems - you can't hear anything anyway).  In the O/D MGB, at 3000 rpm I'm
cruising at nearly 70 and at 3500 I'm pushing close to 80 mph.

I prefer to stay off the interstates, but when I can't avoid them, I can
keep up with just about everything out there,  and... and... well - I still
can't hear the radio...

 But hey, you can't have everything.

Overdrive: an investment in your piece of mind - and well worth it!

Allen

Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs
New Castle, VA 24127