Re: MGB Overdrive??

To: wizardz@amdyne.net, MVenable@haggierand.co.za, ccrobins@ktc.com,
Subject: Re: MGB Overdrive??
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 00:12:19 EST
In a message dated 2/22/99 7:44:38 AM Central Standard Time,
wizardz@amdyne.net writes:

<< This really cracks me up!
 How can anyone believe that NOT reducing the number of times
 a piston slides up and down in a cylinder
 will not reduce wear and tear on a motor.
 Come on people. Less motion means less wear,  PERIOD!

 Paul Tegler
 Twin 73' MGB GTs YB and OB >>

Paul,

I've heard this before too. I believe the other school of thought is that road
miles are the easiest on an engine and what they must mean is it's not
terribly significant going 22 MPH per 1000 RPM vs 18 MPH per 1000 RPM.

R. Johnson - Dallas

'73 MGB
'76 Midget
'79 Midget