Re: '73 Oil Pump Removal

To: "Michael P. Thelen" <mthelen@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: '73 Oil Pump Removal
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 13:30:31 -0500 (EST)
Michael, it sounds like the PO put a gasket sealer on and it has seeped
into where the studs go. Try tapping a putty knife between the block and
the pump. You may have to hammer quite hard to break the seal.To remove
the studs put two nuts on the stud and tighten them together, then try to
loosen the bottom nut. If the top nut turns tighten it down again or put
another wrench on it to hold it tight.
...Art