Re: I've lost my mind...

To: hoops@owt.com
Subject: Re: I've lost my mind...
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 22:45:18 EST
On Tue, 2 Mar 1999 04:09:24 -0800 "Lonn Howard" <hoops@owt.com> writes:
>I was only going to replace the carpet.  Really.  But the seats were
>cracked, so...  And then the panels were looking a little rotten,
>so...
>And now, WHAT have I done?  I could have lived with a so-so headliner,
>but the upholstery on the A and B posts were ratty and one thing led
>another and now the glass is out of the car and the headliner and
>headliner panels are in the dumpster and I'm sure I've lost my mind.
>Is
>this how it happens?  You never really intend to restore a car, it
>just
>gets out of hand.  And now that the interior and glass are out I'm
>thinking, "What about replacing the sills and repainting it now, and
>if
>I'm going to repaint I might as well pull the drivetrain and do it
>right, right?", I've got other LBCs to drive this spring, right?  I
>can
>only drive one at time, right?  I think I need therapy...
>Somebody stop me, I only paid $500 for the car for cripes sake.
>Lonn Howard
>'70 TR6  -mine
>'71 TR6  -in my garage
>'70 MGB GT  -ours
>'89 Saab Turbo Convertible  -hers
>
>"We are but temporary custodians with an obligation of preservation."

Hehehe........ who else is looking in a mirror here muttering "been there
done that"!!

I just had  a small example myself.... my 69 came from Arizona originally
and had very good bumpers - cleaned up well and i reinstalled them when i
finally put the car back together last year - of course against the new
paint they just arent good enough and a new front bumper and overriders
are winging their way as we speak!!.. once that is done, more or less
the only original parts on the car are the body panels, the seat frames
and a few screws!!.... it did originally coat nearly 1000 though!!
Keep it up Lonn!!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT