Re: need honest response.....please

To: ccrobins@ktc.com
Subject: Re: need honest response.....please
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 22:45:17 EST
On Tue, 02 Mar 1999 09:08:07 -0600 ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com> writes:

>  Dunno Niel,
>
>  I bought a Lucas Sport Coil from a fellow lister recently.  Sen him
>my
>check, he sent me the coil.  It's firing my B's plugs now.  Gotta have
>trust _sometimes_.
>
>  Consider how George Merryweather does business as Classic
>Restorations.  You order from him, the order is shipped to you, an
>invoice comes along later and you send Classic Restorations a check.
>Simple and built on trust.  Refreshing, too.
>
>  My .02,
>
>  CR

Agreed on Georges service - its hard to imagine an easier and more
pleasant way to do business
As to list "trading" in general, i have bought and sold many many items
with other listers - i was always happy with the deals i struck, always
got what i bought and always got paid for what i sold (with one
exception, an oil cooler i never got paid for by somebody who i think has
since departed our ranks - if not feel free to blush now!)
Sometimes people have told me they didnt like what i sent or it didnt fit
etc - they have always sent them back, and have always got their money
I think its a great facility to be able to trade in this way and adds a
dimension to the shared "spirit" of what we do. It wasnt entirely clear
whether the original poster had confronted their counterparty with the
apparent displeasure - nobody is likely to get too offended by a mistake
or misjudgement unless they have a high a**hole gene quotient! - Tell'em
the deal sucks! - if they arent responsive then you know what you have!!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
53 Riley