RE: Why Does Moss Sell Crap?

To: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Subject: RE: Why Does Moss Sell Crap?
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 10:00:01 -0800
Allen:

        Your observances from my experience are accurate.  No company that
intends to stay in business for the long term wants to have a reputation for
shoddy goods.  No company that sells shoddy goods will stay in business for
the long term.  These are inescapable economic facts.
        Duplicating product applications is extremely expensive and it will
take a major shift in demand before it is economically viable.  As OE
manufacturers drop the classic parts, there is a scramble to find
alternative suppliers.  In many cases the alternative parts are substandard,
but the only part available.  This is not a good thing.  It takes time,
energy and commitment to keep product quality up.  As you observed most of
the time, problems do not surface until the products are out on the market.
This is also not a good thing.
        The intent of any legitimate company is to supply a customer's wants
and needs whilst making enough profit to continue to stay in business.
Knowing what the customer wants, and being able to supply it effectively are
the difficult bits.

nuff said

Kelvin.