Re: Compression test- - -opinions needed (long)

To: "Matt Milkevitch" <milkm@mail.vt.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Compression test- - -opinions needed (long)
From: "Paul Tegler " <wizardz@amdyne.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 15:16:46 -0500
$.02...
some of the power could be related to cam timing
(+/-4 degrees will kill ya', which is less than one tooth
position on the cam gears.
Both adjustable cam gears, and/or offset keys are avail.
to alter the valve timing.
What's you vac. at an idle like?
Above 21?  15-18?

I have to admit from experience when I switched back
to dual SU's from my Weber DGV downdraft, a power loss
although mild, was noticeable. In my case it could have been
that the Weber DGV had been rejetted on the rich side
(The PO did alot of highway cruisng as a daily driver)

ymmv

Paul Tegler
Twin 73' MGB GTs YB and OB
YB born 8/72 (Primrose Yellow) Yellow BGT
OB born 1/73 (Blaze Red) Orange BGT
email: wizardz@amdyne.net
http://www.amdyne.net/~ptegler/mgmain.htm