Re: Compression test- - -opinions needed (long)

To: milkm@mail.vt.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Compression test- - -opinions needed (long)
From: Speedo79@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 16:10:51 EST
Matt,

According to my calculations, if you are running 8.7-1 cr., and atmospheric
pressure at sea level is 14.7 psi, you should get an average of 128 psi across
all cylinders.  Since you rebuilt your engine, I figure you had the head and
block surfaced, which would raise your cr slightly.  Since you have no oil
loss and good oil pressure,  I would suggest you check your cam timing or
ignition timing, if the cam is off one tooth, or the distrubutor timing is off
(very retarded) you would get a bad running car.  The distributor runs off of
the cam, so if the cam is off, you would get correct ignition timing, but the
car still runs like crap!

Good luck!
Steve Sanchez
'77 MGB  160psi/14.7psi= 10.8-1 cr = premium pretrol!