fuel pubp question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: fuel pubp question
From: RUN262JOHN@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 18:58:18 EST
Greetings from Savannah, Georgia:

I recently tried to start my 1980 B  after parking it for about a month.  It
will not start because there is no gas coming into the carb.  yes i have
gas.....then I found out that the fuel pump was not original...PO put on a in
line pump.  So...I bought an orginial pump and installed it.  I'm still not
getting any gas at the carb.  The pump is making a lawnmower sound but not
getting any gas to the carb.  This is the same problem the old nonorginal pump
was doing before replacing.  What's wrong?  Am I missing something?