Re: fuel pubp question

To: <RUN262JOHN@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: fuel pubp question
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 20:34:12 -0000
If the pump is making a continuous sound, particularly if it is a rapid
chattering sound, then it isn't pumping fuel, just air.  See if you can
jury-rig it to pump off the car from one container to another.  If that
works OK then the pump is OK, it may be the pickup in the tank either rotted
off or blocked or the pipe from tank to pump is holed so the pump is just
sucking in air.  You do have a decent level of fuel, don't you?  You did
connect the pipes the right way round, didn't you?

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/