Re: Replace Headrests in Midget

To: Mike Cook <mpcook@highaltitude.com>
Subject: Re: Replace Headrests in Midget
From: David Lynes <cdlynes@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 11:00:36 -0500
Mike,

I have in front of me the VB How to on interior renovation. It says:

REMOVE HEADREST ASSEMBLY FROM SEAT BACK
You may be able to accomplish this with a quick, forceful pull upwards
on the headrest, but only if the clip inside the shaft is well worn. If
this is not possible, then you must access the rear inside of the seat
back.

(...Dismantle the seat, pull the vinyl off... my digest of 8 short
steps)

Remove the seat foam and press in on the clp at the base of the headrest
shaft with a flat head screwdriver to remove the headrest.

<<<<<Unquote

Good luck with the quick, forceful pull upwards.

David Lynes, Woodstock, GA
73 Midget
78 MGB