Dumb question

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dumb question
From: Chris Chandler <spawn@net-link.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 10:48:14 -0500
Ok, I know this is a stupid question, but...

Where the blazes are the timing marks????  I re-built my dizzy and I was
going to set the timing static first and then get a light on it, but I
can't find the timing marks to save my life... the car is the '70 B,
with an 18GB engine... I looked both on top AND underneath... Are they
so small that they could be hidden in grime?  Is it possible that
they're gone (i.e.: are they removable or a permanent part of the timing
chain cover?)?

Any help appreciated!  The big V8 4WD really sucks gas on a 30 mile one
way commute every day!
--
Chris
'72 B Roadster "Red Baron" (Too many pieces...)