POR-15 and Battery Boxes Late B

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: POR-15 and Battery Boxes Late B
From: Eugene Balinski <eugeneb@nni.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 22:22:11 -0500
At 10:01 AM 3/16/99 -0800, Skye Poier wrote:
>I am planning on doing a major POR-15 attack on the underside of my car
>but of course I'd like to get all the old crap off first so it adheres
>properly.  Steam cleaning seems like the best bet, do I need to remove any
>hoses or electrical bits from the bottom of the car before its done?
>
>I will probably use the black and do everything underneath the car including
>the wheel wells.  Should look rather sharp and hopefully as a side bonus,
>it will stop further rust progression.
>
>I assume since it will be on the bottom of the car, the UV sensitivity
>isn't an issue.  The POR-15 FAQ says UV simply affects the appearance
>and not the function so I suppose it doesn't really matter.
>
>Do I need the metal ready or marine clean stuff?

The battery box on my 80'B will need a little clean up before I take the car
on the road this spring.  Will this POR-15 work well in the battery area?
Is it battery acid resistant ?  Same question as above metal ready or
marine clean ??   Where can I buy this stuff ?  Finally, should I
buy one of those plastic trays for the battery area ??

Thanks,

Gene Balinski  80B