Re: Dumb question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dumb question
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 23:35:38 -0400
 David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net> wrote:

>>Ok, I know this is a stupid question, but...
>>
>>Where the blazes are the timing marks????
>
>One of the other listers here lives in the same city as I do, and his 70
>BGT has the same problem...

Funny - at one time I had a '71 GT - probably with an incorrect engine.
The timing marks were there but I could not get a reading with my timing
light until I connected it to #2.  Reason: (recall earlier Bs had the
timing mark on the bottom of the cover) I had a later timing chain cover
(marks on top) with an early pulley (marked to time with the early cover,
of course).  I figured it was 180 degrees off, so timing on #2 made sense.
NO-NO!  The difference is not 180 degrees.  Mine was thus so advanced
sometimes it wouldn't turn over on hot starts at all.  Finally got it to
run OK timing it by the seat of my pants.

2¢...

Allen

Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs