Re: 72 midget, burning oil? Rebuild?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 72 midget, burning oil? Rebuild?
From: David Lynes <cdlynes@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 14:10:10 -0500
Once several years ago, my son drove one of the 4 cyl cars I had too
hard without checking the temp, and called me to come rescue him from
the side of the interstate.  It had cooled down to the point it would
start, though ran only on 3 cyl, pumping smoke like a nickel cigar.  I
drove it less than 5 miles home, tore the engine down and found the head
cracked in 2 places, and a hole the size of a quarter in the #1 piston.
Sounds like a major engine problem to me. Sorry. Good luck.

David Lynes, Woodstock, GA
73 Midget
78 MGB