RE: dumb question of the day.

To: "John Trindle" <johnt@tsquare.com>
Subject: RE: dumb question of the day.
From: "Steve Conley" <swconley@foxinternet.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 20:28:11 -0800
Hoopy froods?

Steve Conley
Marysville, WA  USA
'76 MGB Roadster
GHN5UG393585G
mailto:swconley@foxinternet.net
MGB Online =  http://web3.foxinternet.net/swconley

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-mgs@autox.team.net [mailto:owner-mgs@autox.team.net]On
Behalf Of John Trindle
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 1999 8:57 AM
To: cookie
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, cookie wrote:

> Hi,
> got the new B and drove it home (I am still learning manual shift)
> We took the top down, but....
> the previous owner put a new top on, but did not appear to fold it
> correctly, as it was wrinkled in the plastic window.
> I do not want to repeat this mistake.
> How does one properly fold the "hood" and stow it?
> we got it down, but we could not fold it properly.
> Please help a newbie with an important aspect of LBC care.
> Thanks
> Mike Jose
> '79 B

The main consideration is not to fold through a window.  Some folks use a
towel to prevent creasing, some, like  me, who are not hoopy froods just
roll the top instead (after folding in the outer windows as indicated by a
previous respondent).

--
John M. Trindle | johnt@tsquare.com    | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB DSP     | '69 Spitfire H Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock