Re: TFs

To: ccrobins@ktc.com
Subject: Re: TFs
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 02:02:04 EST
In a message dated 3/24/99 4:54:06 PM Pacific Standard Time, ccrobins@ktc.com
writes:

<< Guys,
    Gotta face facts.  There isn't a stock 4 cylinder MG sports car that
 is really FAST, compared to most of the cars on the road.  Handling
 through corners and being a hoot to drive notwithstanding, these little
 cars are not flat-out fast.

No real argument there. The fastest of the lot is the Twincam with 0-60 times
down around 9 seconds (as opposed to the sick ones that somehow got reviewed
at 12 secs. plus).  This puts a Twincam in some pretty run of the mill company
these days.  Even modified, the 0-60 times of racing Bs (and As) of around 7.5
- 8 secs. pale in comparison to, for instance, and becasue I'm familiar with
it, a V6 Fiero which does 8 secs or a tad better stock (my driver Fiero does
around 4.5, but that's another story and as much money in the engine as the
car is worth).

Bill S.