re: craftsman vs. metrinch

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: craftsman vs. metrinch
From: MGMagnette@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 12:22:47 EST
I don't know what all you doomsdayers on Craftsman tools aretalking about!
My sister and a friend of mine both work at Sears and they admit, they have
come out with some real gimmicky stuff like the light-up screwdrivers and
stuff.  But the regular old hand tools... wrenches, sockets, and other old-
fashioned tools are better than ever!  They are still made in America, still
made of the best steel around, still guaranteed for life.  Better still, the
make some "Professional" open/closed end wrenches that are fully polished,
very very thin, stong as can be, and very long.  $50-75 well spent there.
(Price varies wildly depending on sale they are having!)
  The best value around has to be one of thier large socket sets... like a
Mechanics tool set.  I got a set on closeout for about $200 that had nearly
400 pieces.  They include all those little tiny wrenches for doing ignition
work, and damn near everything.
 JUST BUY IT ON SALE or you are getting porked.

     John