Re: craftsman vs. metrinch

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: craftsman vs. metrinch
From: "Eric Kutzli" <ekutzli@netins.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 23:21:39 -0600
 I was just browsing my latest Craftsman catalog (#918804) and there on page
42 are - metrinch wrenches! BUT look at the small print down below and it
says "manufacturers lifetime warranty*". I'll bet you can't just hand em
across the counter and get new ones like Craftsman... Craftsman finally
listed pozidirve screwdrivers in thier industrial catalog, but dang it they
aren't Craftsman brand. Seems like screwdrivers, especially phillips and
pozidrive, get dull just when you need em. I finally bought a craftsman
screwdriver handle that uses different bits, then bought pozidrive bits to
fit it from black and decker, meant for power screwdrivers. This screwdriver
handle also has a nice telescoping magnet pickup that pulls out to fetch
fallen fasteners.
   I also have some K-D and S-K stuff that has held up pretty well. The
Lisle Co. makes lots of specialized auto tools just down the road in
Clarinda IA so we have a pretty good selection of those in the local auto
parts stores around here. Now if there was just some guarantee against my
teenage kids leaving my tools all over the place. After the snow melted a
couple weeks ago I found my 1/2" box end amongst the gravel and litter
alongside the driveway where Mustang surgery had been done a while back.
GRRRRRrrrr.
no fiancial interest just my $.02 FWIW.
Eric K.
ekutzli@netins.net