Re: Master cylinders

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Subject: Re: Master cylinders
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 18:25:22 -0600
Kelvin:
What you said about the rebuild depending on the history of the core tells
me that I may be better off checking my M/C after I remove it this weekend
(it's suffering from "minor" failure and not catastrophic, and the car's 65K
odometer reading is probably accurate judging by my other work) and having
it rebuilt by Apple for $95 if the bore is in good shape. Is my logic sound
here?
My intent is for a relatively painless R&R and to be done with it, with no
worries for years to come at least with the brakes -- I've done a LOT of
work on them already and I'm still kicking myself for not doing the M/C when
I did the rest. (Geez - I suppose the front calipers will give me fits as
soon as I do the M/C...argh)
"Punkin" may sit for some years in the future due to circumstances in Europe
and my current "desk tour" ending in about 1 1/2 years, but I'm not selling
it! My brother in AZ has a warning order to expect a new family member if I

Dan