Re: Final word on gearbox reliability

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Final word on gearbox reliability
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 00:05:14 -0500 (EST)
>Give him hell Christy.  John

Yes, you do that, Christy.

While we're on the topic, what is it that anybody, male or female, could
do, other than crunching gears, that would damage the gearbox? I'm familiar
with the potential damage to the clutch and engine caused by the type of
driving that Mr. Racine stereotypes as female, but how could it damage the
gearbox? It seems that blowing up a trans would more likely be caused by a
"macho man" missing a shift, but then I'm no expert...could someone explain
the mechanics that I'm missing? Maybe if I ever damage a transmission, I
can promptly lend the car to a woman and then blame it on her...=)

Nevin