Re: Wind protection was RE: Visors

To: dresden@tiac.net
Subject: Re: Wind protection was RE: Visors
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 08:40:28 -0800
I just checked them out and I wasn't too impressed, either. For one
thing, on an early B their theory that most of the back blast comes from
between the headrests is irrelevant. Not to mention that there would be
nothing to attach the Gust Grabber to... (it straps to the headrest
supports). And the "tension bar" method of installation didn't strike me
as too robust on the WindBaffle (a spring-loaded bar stetching from
side-to-side behind the seats--just the thing to buckle your side panels).

My intuition is that as wide and high as you could make the thing (within
reason) would be none too big given the aerodynamics of the vehicles in
question. In my case, with the top of my head several inches above and
almost 3 feet behind the top of the windscreen, it might be too late to
intercept the turbulence, in any case.

Has anyone had any experience with these or similar products (on LBCs, of
course)? The world is waiting for an answer...

Steve Shoyer had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149