Re: Bent Bonnet (Hood)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bent Bonnet (Hood)
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 03:38:27 +0510
Art Pfenninger wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, Eric Erickson wrote:
>
> > a gust of wind caught the bonnet and tried to wrap it over the
> > windscreen.
>
> I don't know if the support from a newer car would fit (don't
> know why it wouldn't) but if it would then this would solve your
> problem. They are made so that you have to push a button to lower
> them, they are not just a stick.

Thanks Art,

I have seen gas struts advertised for the boot but do they make these
for the bonnet, too?  Not quite original equipment but it would at least
stop the thing falling down (or UP) as the standard "stick" can
sometimes do.

These flaps of aluminium (aluminum) on the front of our cars are
diabolically flimsy!

Eric
'68MGB MkII