Re: 73 B M/C reservoir R/R

To: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 73 B M/C reservoir R/R
From: "Harlan Jillson" <hjillson@argolink.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 22:51:59 -0500
Dan,
   The MC tank is held on by two philips head screws.  A hand impact will
likely break them loose.  It's not torque but time your fighting hear.  The
MC should have come with two little round seals that fit between the MC and
the tank. ( kind of look like two rubber washers about a 1/4 " thick.)
   Replace the seals and bolt the MC tank on, don't try to over tighten,
just snug them up and you shouldn't have any problems.  Go through the usual
proceedures of bleeding your brake system after installation and you should
be OK.
  Good luck with it,
Harlan.
ps.  Ed, I'm appalled that you wouldn't help out a fellow MG'er on such a
simple thing, we all started out somewhere...... and most of use are still
learning no matter how many years we've been at it....
H.