73 B M/C reservoir R/R

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 73 B M/C reservoir R/R
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 20:17:10 -0500
I have my new/rebuilt M/C that Mike Razor so kindly purchased at his local
Advance Auto for me. (He's really a good guy folks, just "stepped on his
****", to use a colorful military phrase, and he was venting. No excuse, but
it's all under the bridge now.)
I have to get the reservoir off of the old m/c to put on the "new"
one....and it's apparent that I need an impact driver or something! I sure
ain't getting it off with a standard screwdriver! Any hints? I figure I'll
go to the craft-shop here on post and get it off tomorrow.
For fitting it on the new one: there aren't any gaskets, so it obviously
needs to be nice and tight, but I'm a bit concerned that too much torque
could break the old reservoir. Any more hints or tips on ensuring I get a
good seal on the reservoir-cylinder attachment?
TIA

Dan
73 B