Re: windshield installation

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: windshield installation
From: "Eric Kutzli" <ekutzli@netins.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 12:52:10 -0500
Calvin
When I replaced the windshield in my 74 B I used "strap clamps" These
consisit of a webbing strap with a tightener used to hold furniture together
for gluing. (I got them when I replaced the wood veneer banding around the
edge of a round oak table.) it applies even pressure and holds all the
pieces together so you only go half insane trying to get the bolts started
in the frame pieces. Then you have the rest of your sanity still available
to lose when you try to start the bolts that mount the windshield back to
the body!
Good Luck

Eric K
1974 MGB "Maggie"