Re: Valve Adjustment 2

To: mvheim@studiolimage.com, mgrazian@ltcm.com, spitfires@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Valve Adjustment 2
From: H4aardvrk@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 23:39:03 EDT
In a message dated 4/12/99 7:42:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mvheim@studiolimage.com writes:

<< An MGB should have a valve clearance of .014... >>
Max,
     I agree that an mg should have .014 valve clearance.Just for grinns i
set my wifes 1977roadster at .017 to see how it worked in the colorado
mountains..my drag bike experience told me that i would retard the effective
cam timing a bit..more low end grunt..
low and behold..i turned her smog motor into a pretty nifty mountain
climber..MPG fell off a mile per gallon, but the low end up to about 4000
really got a bit more useful..
just thought i would mention this in case anyone is doing some high altitude
work on a continous basis..hehe
yours, H4(Howard)