Re: Valve Adjustment 2

To: Michael Graziano <mgrazian@ltcm.com>
Subject: Re: Valve Adjustment 2
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 15:26:51 -0700
Word on the street is that Michael Graziano said:
> Oh yeah.  At idle, (1k rpm) the engine is stumbling a little.  Not stalling,
> just running a little rough.  And when you goose it quick,  there's a slight
> hesitation and a cough (though the carb, that's when I scared myself).  The
> plugs are clean (no oil, and no black sooty stuff, in fact, they were a
> little white the last few times I pulled them).

White plugs indicate a lean mixture, and a lean mixture can lead to
backfiring through the carbs.  Check your mixture and check for air leaks
by spraying carb cleaner around the carbs and intake manifold when the
engine is at operating temp (the leak may not open up until things are
nice and warm).  Check throttle shaft on the carbs for slop.

Skye

--
1966 MGB        The MGB Experience         __,__\__      Safety Fast!
GHN3L-70307     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)     MGOFR 1.375