Re: Bolt sizes generally needed for MGB engine rebuild

To: Lawrie@britcars.com, doddk@mossmotors.com, ninab@scoresheet.com
Subject: Re: Bolt sizes generally needed for MGB engine rebuild
From: JustBrits@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 09:42:29 EDT
In a message dated 4/14/99 8:22:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
Lawrie@britcars.com writes:

<< Actually, it's a very good idea to replace them all unless you know they
 have been replaced recently. They stretch not just from abuse but from use!
 Since we started making a habit of replacing all the studs during an engine
 overhaul or a valve job, we have never had the problem (so often mentioned
 here on the list) of coolant weeping out over the ID plate. (And we don't
 add bits of wire, silicone sealer, or any of that stuff the factory didn't
 originally believe necessary!)

Ditto from the Mid West!!

Ed