RE: ANSA exhaust question

To: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Subject: RE: ANSA exhaust question
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 10:22:35 -0700
Skye:

        As previously noted the late ANSA system is designed to mount up to
the stock late downpipe.  This is in pretty much the same position and size
as the chrome bumper 3 piece exhaust headpipe.  The middle mufflers of the
stock system are pretty much interchangable.
        The late system does have a different kick up between the middle
muffler and the tail resonator to clear the rubber bumper axle location
(lower by a couple of inches).  The resonator is designed to mount to the
rubber bumper rear hanger which is also longer than the chrome one because
of the axle relocation.  The tail pipe tips then kick up to follow the
bumper line and increase ground clearance.
        I'm pretty sure there is enough tolerance that the late system will
fit an earlier car, but I would suggest a muffler company install it if you
have problems.  They are equipped to fiddle with bends if you have a
problem.  For my mind there are enough problems with fit on the systems
designed for the car, that I would not go out of my way to incorporate more.
The swept up tip does look zoomy on a chrome bumper car tho'.
        Hopefully you are getting a great deal on the system.

Kelvin.