Re: Noise from engine compartment

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Noise from engine compartment
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 20:39:41 -0400 (EDT)
If the noise is only during run-on, could the engine be shaking enough (bad
mounts combined with the natural shake of run on?) so that something
nowhere near the pulleys is clanging on something? I'm thinking exhaust
here, but there might be other candidates. The best way might be to get out
and open the hood before shutting it down after a ten minute drive, and
look/listen while it's making the noise.

Ed Kaler's being cryptic again; I'll bet he knows what it is...

Nevin