British Car Meet! Be there!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: British Car Meet! Be there!
From: "Dennis Berman" <dberman@nortelnetworks.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 10:29:04 -0500
Readers,

   Sorry for the multiple posts...
   Can you sense my excitement?

----

Members,

   Here's a friendly reminder that this coming Sunday,
   April 25, there's another great British car rally.

   This time, we're all getting together at White Rock
   Lake. So, wax up that LBC, tune the carb, grab the
   main squeeze (your spouse), and get on out here!

   From the Texas MG Register:

   Time Schedule:
   --------------
   1:00 - 2:00 pm  Registration
   2:00 - 4:00 pm  Voting
   4:30 - 5:00 pm  Awards

   Entry fee:
   ----------
   A donation of $10 per car entitles each entry
   to 10 voting tickets. Additional tickets may
   be purchased for $1 each.

   Beneficiary:
   ------------
   ALL proceeds from this event will go to the
   Dallas Brain Injury Association.

   Participating Clubs:
   --------------------
   - British Owners Group
   - Corinthian Vintage Auto Racing
   - Jaguar Owners Association
   - Morgan Motor Car Club
   - North Texas Austin-Healey Club
   - North Texas Lotus Car Club
   - Sports Car Club of America
   - Texas MG Register

   Location:
   ---------
   Cars will be displayed in an open grassy area on the
   west side of E. Lawther Drive. The park may be entered
   from the north on Lake Highlands Drive at Buckner Blvd.
   or from the south on Poppy Drive. There are numerous
   picnic areas located around the display area, and you
   are welcome to bring food and non-alcoholic beverages.

   Awards:
   -------
   Trophy plaques will be awarded to vehicles based on the
   value of donations collected. A "Best of Show" award will
   go to the car that generates the highest donation. In
   addition, first, second, and third place trophies will
   be awarded by marque (Ausin-Healey, Jaguar, Lotus, MG
   Morgan, Triumph) with some flexibility for unusual
   marques that may show up. A 'Club Participation' award
   will go to the club that produces the highest cumulative
   donation with their cars.

   For additional information:
   ---------------------------
   Randy Zimmerman
   972.918.8829 work
   214.327.2191 home
   randyz@ticnet.com

   or

   Dennis Berman
   972.727.9398 home
   972.684.8352 work
   dberman@nortelnetworks.com

   Hey! my chance to finally win a trophy!
   All I have to do is make the biggest donation...
   Now, where did she hide that check book?

   Be there, it'll be great fun.

--
Regards,

Dennis Berman