RE: mgb@autox.team.net (parts suppliers)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: mgb@autox.team.net (parts suppliers)
From: "Kulka, Matt" <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 12:19:37 -0400
This is long.  Get a fresh cup of coffee or hit your delete key now.

Before I say anything else, know that there's a big list of vendors at
http://www.dimebank.com/monster/vendors.html

I usually sit out of these conversations, they're pretty subjective.
However, after seeing so much press about Moss, VB, TRF and all, I thought
it was time to plug the shop I use.  I think they deserve it.

I buy from Brit-Tek.

* The prices are slightly better than Moss or VB for the same quality part.
* Their catalog is well organized, easy to understand and complete, as is
the price list.
* In many orders over the last few years I've only once gotten a wrong part.
It was a year later by the time I got around to calling them about it.  They
just told me to mail it back and they exchanged it.  (I did still have the
invoice.)
* I have them ship UPS ground and it gets from NH to NC in 7-10 days.  Once
I needed 2nd-day service, and that's exactly what I got.

But the thing I like best is that the guy who takes the orders knows his
MGB's.  I called to order some shocks on Friday at 5:20 PM.  I said I
couldn't afford the Spax system, but wanted a front tube shock for less
money.  At that late hour *he asked me* if I minded him taking the time to
explain the details of the Spax system - not so he could sell it to me, but
so I could understand why it costs what it does and all about the various
alternatives.  When in the same call I ordered a front main seal, he took
the time to remind me to put the pulley on and center the seal before
installing the cover bolts.  I get this same courtesy every time I call.

For my money (literally) the prices of parts aren't much different.  What
keeps my business is the level of service.  I know this isn't the only place
with this kind of customer service, I'm just very happy with this one.

Matt Kulka
Huntersville, NC
'74 B - becoming a new car, one part at a time.