RE: 70 BGT seat installation question

To: Lonn Howard <hoops@owt.com>
Subject: RE: 70 BGT seat installation question
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 10:57:02 -0700
> incorrectly, even though I put everything back the way it came out.
> Keep in mind that I have never before looked at the seat setup in an
> MGB, let alone sat in one until yesterday.  Which holes should the
> slider rails be bolted down through?  Which side of the seat bottom
> should the bigger cut-away face, towards the door or the trans tunnel?
> Do the seatback adjusters go towards the doors or the middle?

Lonn:

        No idea what holes the slider rails use.  I always look for the
"witness marks" where the original bolts tore up the surface.  The seat
bottom cutaway is toward the tunnel.  The seat back adjusters go towards the
middle.

        The transmission tunnel is the forward stop.  The rails do have a
rectangular stop on one side, but if I remember correctly this goes to the
rear.

        For a short driver, raising the rails slightly by doubling up the
wooden and associated alloy spacers works wonders.  The seat will slide
forward a bit more.  It sure beats 2x4s on the pedals.

Kelvin.