Re: Which type of mirrors do y'all like best?

To: James@lwsd.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Which type of mirrors do y'all like best?
From: Lmacy1211@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 22:40:25 EDT
A number of years ago I put a mirror called Baby Tornado on my Midget.
They are no where near stock but I love them. They are paintable black (I
never painted them) larger than stock and have a bluish no-glare tint.
The look good and I can see a lot better. Oh Yea - They are on the doors.

Larry

On 4/23/99 5:09 PM so and so (James) said. (And I quote:)

>Thanks to all who answered my question about removing the heater knobs. It
>never wouold have occured to me that they would be mounted in such an
>arcane fashion, but once I learned the secret they were easily removed.
>
>Here's a question for those with a lot of seat time in LBCs to chew on.
>
>At some point along the line (soon, if possible) I'm going to add a
>passenger-side mirror to my '74 MGB. I'll have no reluctance to replace the
>drivers side mirror at the same time, or even to move it to another
>location (e.g. to the fender - it's presently mounted on the door) if doing
>so makes sense. I'm also quite unconcerned with having an arrangement that
>is in any way "stock" (maybe some day I'll own a B that's worth restoring
>to original trim, but this one was too far gone when I started).
>
>So, I'm taking votes. What sort of mirror arrangement do you have (or have
>you had) on your B? Fender mount, door mount, exact location (inches from
>the mirror surface to the door opening, for instance, would be a good
>measure)? Do you think your setup is perfect, or is there something you'd
>do differently next time? Do you have stock mirrors, or is there some other
>make, model and/or supplier you'd recommend? And so forth.
>
>Please respond to the list, rather than to me personally, so we can all
>benefit from your experience....
>
>- James Einolf
>1974 MGB (now waiting patiently for UPS to deliver the 1 7/8" exhaust system)

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?